We, Pelvic Floor Expertise Amsterdam (BEA), practice for pelvic floor difficulties and sex therapy, place high value on the protection of your personal information. In this article we are happy to inform you of our measures to protect your information.
We will handle your personal information with care, in every case respecting the applicable laws and regulations, among which the ‘Algemene Verordening Gegevensbescherming’ (‘General Bylaw Protection Personal Data’).
This means that:
- Processing of your personal data is limited to those that are necessary for the purposes for which they are being processed.
- We will request your specific agreement when we need your personal data for the processing of these period.
- We have taken appropriate technical and organizational measures to guarantee the protection of your personal data.
- We do not transfer personal data to third parties, unless this is necessary in achieving the purposes for which they are given to us. And only after obtaining your consent to do so.
- We are aware of your legal rights regarding your personal data, will alert you to them and will respect them.
Processing personal data of patients or clients
Personal data of patients/clients will be processed by BEA for the following purposes :
- Recording of data of patients/clients necessary for treatment
- Recording of data of patients/clients for invoicing purposes
- Record data of patients/clients for the benefit of conferring with other healthcare workers ; this only after permission by the patient/client.
- Records data off patients/clients for the benefit of a fill-in (locum) physiotherapist.
The basis for these personal data is :
- The Patient Record
For the above purposes BEA may request your following personal data :
- Full name and Address
- Telephone number (personal or business)
- Email address (personal or business)
- Date of birth
- Health data
- Health insurance data
- Social identity number
- ID or passport number
Your personal data will be saved for the processing as described above for the duration of the Treatment Agreement. In addition there is a retention period of ten years in accordance with the Wet op de Geneeskundige Behandelingsovereenkomst ; WGBO (LawTreatment Agreement Healthcare).
Providing to third parties
If necessary for the above described purposes, we can provide third parties the with information that you have given us. We use third parties to:
- Process digital records
- Handle (financial) administration
- Process invoices or bank transfers
We only transfer personal data to third parties with whom we have made a formal processing arrangement. With these parties (the processors) we of course have formal arrangements about the safeguarding of your personal information. In addition we will not give your personal information to other third parties, unless we are bound by law and it is agreed upon. We do not provide third parties outside the European Union with your personal data.
Retention of data
BEA retains personal data no longer than is necessary for the purpose which they have been given or is required by law.
Protection of data
The technical and organizational measures we have taken, and which in our view are appropriate, in order to protect your personal data against unlawful processing are:
- Duty of confidentiality for all persons with whom BEA has a legitimate need to share your personal data
- We have implemented a username/password policy on all our systems
- We make back-ups of personal data in order to be able to restore files in the event of physical or technical incident
- Our co-workers are aware of the importance of personal data protection and have
signed a confidentiality agreement
Legal rights pertaining to your personal data
You have the right to view, amend or request deletion of the personal data we received from you. In addition you can object the processing of your personal data (or parts thereof) by us or by one of our processors. In addition you have the right to request the transferral of your personal data to yourself, or in commission by you directly to a third-party. This request needs to be submitted in writing. We may ask you to confirm your identity before we can comply with such a request.
When you have given permission for the processing of your personal data by BEA, you always have the right to withdraw this permission.
Complaints about the processing of your personal data
In the event of a complaint about the processing of your personal data, please contact us. Together we will try to satisfy your concerns. If this effort is not successful, you have the right to submit the complaint to the Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens (Authority Personal Data), the surveilling body in the field of privacy protection.
Bekken Expertise Amsterdam
Lokatie MCFH: Fred Hendrikstraat 47
10152 HK Amsterdam LOGO
Lokatie Spui: Souistraat 239 C